As women, we have to do it all - work, family, home, friends etc. etc. Being nice to ourselves and our appearance is one of the first things sacrificed in order to make more time to do other things for others. Finding easy ways to maintain femininity in your everyday appearance will help you feel good about yourself and increase your mood when dealing with the outside world. Here are a few of the easiest ways to boost your confidence and to help embrace your femininity (bonus - these are all things that men can NOT do!)
- Wear lipstick. Even if you don't have time for make up, wearing lipstick will instantly make your eyes pop and your skin look great.
- Add interest around your neckline. By adding chunky jewelry or a pop of color to a slightly exaggerated neckline, you are dressing up an area that makes you different than any man.
- Nail polish even if it's clear!
- Wear dresses, skirts, or tights. These are some of the only types or categories of dress that women can wear and men cannot - take advantage!
- High heels or lower heels with shape or interest (more negative space)
Try adding one or more of these into your life this week-it always makes me feel better about myself when I do!
A few of my favorite Feminine Pieces...
Tank tops are a great inexpensive way to add a pop of color to a neckline. I love our super stretchy tank tops and probably wear one 5 days a week.
Tights are another staple in my wardrobe. It helps extend the life of a dress as well as make it more practical and warm for cooler days. I love our new Bamboo Tights!
Dresses always sound like a hassle until you get in the habit of wearing them. They are simple to get on, they are cool, and the good ones make you more comfortable than anything else you could wear. These are my favorite picks for this summer: