Sunday, December 26, 2010
Get ready...to make hot chocolate and curl up on the sofa with your computer and SHOP. Avoid after Christmas mayhem and casually browse great deals while snacking on leftover Christmas goodies!
Sizes and quantities are limited and will go quickly. So be a little self-indulgent, and treat yourself to a nice New Years present. Resolution? Dress cuter. Shop Kate Boggiano and you will not be mislead in to the terrible world of passing trends, and instead will always look amazing in styles that never go out of fashion.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Like our Rosalie, which just looks like it's in full bloom. And if you purchase Rosalie or any of our other great clearance items TODAY or TOMORROW, you'll get your second clearance item half-off.
Talk about sunshine bringing happiness...great sales are sure a nice replacement when the sun is MIA.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Friday, December 17th - Sunday, December 19th!Spend and Save at Kate Boggiano. Still looking for that perfect Holiday outfit? Try our Scarlet dress - perfect for all types of soirees.
Happy last minute holiday shopping! Be sure to check out the "Gifts" section of KateBoggiano.com for some great, easy options for the fashionista on you list. Plus, we've picked items where size is not an issue and can be figured out easily!
I'm getting started this Saturday...not at all last minute....
I've strategically created a "Shopping Route" with a buddy to keep me semi-focused and plenty of Peppermint Mocha stops.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Our new favorite wide strap tank top is now available in more colors. Available colors include: black, white, dark brown, charcoal, and dark purple. Spaghetti straps aren't for everyone, and this tank top is a bra-friendly solution!
Looking for a sportier tank? Our ribbed racer back tank top is the perfect choice, in our amazing, super stretchy fabric, ribbed for even more support.
Today's daily deal:
Purchase a dress, blouse or jacket and receive a FREE white tank top! Don't miss out. Visit Kate Boggiano for more great offers and all your last minute shopping needs minus all the crowds. Happy shopping!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Here's the list of what you can get, just by shopping. What could be better?
Now through the end of the year, enjoy free shipping!
Happy Shopping :)
Tuesday, December 14 - Friday, December 31st
Wednesday, December 15
Thursday, December 16
Friday, December 17th - Sunday, December 19th
Monday, December 20th
Tuesday, December 21st-Thursday December 23rd
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS
FROM THE TEAM AT KATE BOGGIANO!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Pretty in Pilsen - Share the Warmth is the go-to event for all your gifting needs and wishes.
This Holiday event on Friday, December 10th, features amazing deals for a fun filled night of holiday shopping from great Chicago studios. Our special promotions:
1. Share the warmth! Receive 25% off any single item for your donation of a gently worn sweater. For each additional sweater donated, receive $5 off your total order. Collected sweaters will be donated to Bridge to Success, the only city-wide appearance and interview preparation program serving men, women and youth in the Chicago area.
2. This holiday season, get the gifts you really want! We'll provide wish lists for you to fill out. And we'll photograph you in your "wish" gift. Then we'll email or mail your wish list to your favorite gift buyer.
3. Finally, help us give back to those in need in our community. We will have drop boxes for canned good donations. We are donating all collected items to Pilsen Wellness Center located at 2319 S. Damen Ave Chicago, IL 60608.
Join us at: 2150 S. Canalport Ave., 3rd and 4th floors, in the Pilsen neighborhood.
This is a great opportunity to make sure you get great gifts for everyone on your list including yourself! Bring your girlfriends for a fun holiday evening in Pilsen.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I love cookies, but Oreos have always been my favorite store bought variety. There's something so wonderfully delicious about a cookie that tastes better when twisted apart and dipped into a glass of milk.
Try making these for your next holiday party, or just for a yummy treat to have around the house.
Warning: Mine barely survived a few days. And I live alone.
This recipe (via smittenkitchen) is so heavenly delicious.
Makes 25 to 30 sandwich cookies.
Note: if you want the wafers closer to the original ones, cut out half a cup of sugar.
For the chocolate wafers:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar [see recipe note]
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) room-temperature, unsalted butter
1 large egg
For the filling:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) room-temperature, unsalted butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Set two racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F.
- In a food processor, or bowl of an electric mixer, thoroughly mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, salt, and sugar. While pulsing, or on low speed, add the butter, and then the egg. Continue processing or mixing until dough comes together in a mass.
- Take rounded teaspoons of batter and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet approximately two inches apart. With moistened hands, slightly flatten the dough. Bake for 9 minutes, rotating once for even baking. Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
- To make the cream, place butter and shortening in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cookies, in a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch, round tip, pipe teaspoon-size blobs of cream into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream. Dunk generously in a large glass of milk.
Monday, December 6, 2010
We've all been there. Staring into the abyss of our wardrobes with absolutely nothing jumping out at us screaming "Ohh, wear me!"
Bill Blass so famously stated, "When in doubt, wear red."
It's so true. Red is one of those few pretty colors that actually looks good on everyone.
Kate Boggiano has your perfect, red blouse to save you from all of those nagging "But what should I wear?" moments.
Our Isadora in red is a standout piece with its amazing ruffled collar and beautiful shade of red that's perfectly not too bright.
So stress no more. Give this as a holiday gift to your best girlfriend or just treat yourself so that the next time you're standing at your "empty" closet, this blouse will jump out, immediately solving your temporary clothing fiasco.
Ahhh, crisis averted.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Take a queue from gray winter weather and dress up in these must-have pieces!
1. Bid your boring t-shirts farewell and try our new favorite long-sleeve rose tee. So pretty and soft in this heather gray shade.
2. Our pleated Anne blouse in charcoal is such a great alternative to a traditional white blouse. I love it with slim black pants.
3. Oh, Isabella! There are no words for how much I love this dress! The amazing ruffles, the super comfy fabric, the perfect fit, the amazing shade of gray. Try it with a red belt for added interest.
4. The Veronica Ruffle Sweater is so simply pretty with an amazing fit that you cannot resist!
5. Gray leggings are an excellent alternative to black and can be worn in the exact same way. I love our seamless leggings in charcoal or metal gray.
5. This sparkly gray hat from jcrew is my obsession of the moment. If I must wear a hat to keep my ears from getting frost-bitten in this freezing Chicago weather, I might as well adorn my head with a glitzy shade of platinum.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
1. The beautiful pleated neckline and textured pattern make our dress by Audey your PERFECT Party Dress!
2. The exquisite ruffle hem and neckline of the Rosalie make this simple black dress a stand-out piece for year-round, season to season wear.
3. The flattering ruffle neckline and cute ruffle pocket details plus a figure flattering silhouette ensure you'll be the belle of whenever you slip into our Scarlet dress.
4. The amazing red color, silk trim, and pleated neckline make our Anabel a must-have for the Holiday season.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Cyber Monday was quite the busy day here, as evident by this picture showing all the packages all ready to go into two big garbage bags with Kate and Amy to the post office.
Now that's a lot of orders. We're so excited about so many people taking advantage of our amazing weekend sale!
If you missed out, not to worry. Kate Boggiano has still got some great markdowns plus an amazing new holiday collection!
I'm loving the Holiday Rosalie Ruffle Dress with the new Holiday Purple Suede belt and a pair of cute booties! Such a stunning outfit for any Holiday occasion and will be a flawless and necessary addition to any wardrobe.
Friday, November 26, 2010
Have you checked out the "new look" of KateBoggiano.com?
Well, we have added some new goodies to make your online shopping experience even easier!
Everything is now sorted in to easy categories at the top: "Collection," "Holiday," "Gifts," and "Seamless." So you can find what you're looking for with no hassle or confusion!
Along with that, we've added new belts to our collection. A staple for every day style, whether being worn with a simple LBD out to dinner or with an easy sweater dress, these belts are a necessity and make great gifts for girlfriends *hint hint.*
Let us know what you think of the site. Hope everyone is recovering from Thanksgiving food coma and burning some calories doing Black Friday shopping.
Don't forget, everything on KateBoggiano.com through Monday is 25% off with code THANKS25.
My favorite part of Thanksgiving...besides great shopping deals...the leftovers that I enjoy while watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" every year to get in the Christmas spirit.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
The temptation when one is dressing "Comfy Cute" is always to veer a little too close to the side of comfy, and thus neglecting the necessary cute factor.
But with the Holidays around the corner, there will be a lot of entertaining out-of-town guests at home or visiting relatives and friends, and better to be comfortable and look great while you're lounging around the house all day than be embarrassed of your ratty, old pajamas.
Our seamless leggings are a staple for everyday style and just as cozy as lounge pants. Pair them with our Veronica ruffle sweater for a casual look that looks and feels just as great when sitting on the sofa and watching a movie or out having lunch with friends.
What more could you ask for?
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Browse through our updated website. Our seamless tanks and leggings make great stocking stuffers for the holidays.
We have new, exciting holiday dresses and tops to keep you looking fabulous at all your parties this season, and some beautiful dress options for New Years Eve!
Use code THANKS25 at checkout to save.
Aren't you glad you won't have to battle the massive crowds for amazing deals?
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Kate Boggiano has got you covered with an amazing holiday collection to fit all your needs!
We are featuring three beautiful dresses, by Audey, perfect for any party!
And our beautiful Holiday Anabel dress in red is an amazing, head-turning option.
Check out the new "Holiday" section of KateBoggiano.com for all-occassion outfits and amazing gift ideas.
And starting Thursday 11/25-Monday 11/29 KateBoggiano.com is featuring 25% off site wide, including: current collection, clearance, seamless, and gift certificates.
Don't miss out on this amazing shopping opportunity. Best side, no crazy lines or hassle. Just cozy up at home and shop from the comfort of the sofa while eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
It's a great article on business incubators and what they can provide, long-term, for start-up companies. Kate was asked about her experience in the Chicago Fashion Incubator.
Read the article online here:
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
As the long, rainy, snowy days of winter get closer, it's nice to stock up on the key, cheerful accessories to keep you warm, dry, and looking cute!
Don't get caught in the rain without a cute umbrella to keep you dry. Modcloth.com has some amazing finds; their dome shaped ones are perfect for keeping out wind and rain.
I'm not a huge fan of rainboots, but I love these Loeffler Randall tall rubber boots with a side zip and little wedge heel. They're cute enough to wear no matter the elements.
Layering with a cute jacket underneath your warm coat is the best way to stay stylish and warm indoors. I love the Penelope for it's slim fit and light weight wool.
Stay tuned at Kate Boggiano for some amazing Black Friday Weekend savings online! You will not want to miss out on all your favorites.
And Kate's being photographed for the Wall Street Journal today for an article to come out Thursday about Business Incubators! Exciting happenings.
Friday, November 12, 2010
I saw this and thought there were some really good tips for an interesting way to organize a book shelf to make it more a work of art and less a...well...book shelf!
You can really show off your personal style and tastes in the easy ways.
1. Show off the cover of an old favorite book...no matter how beaten up it is from years of wear and tear.
2. Leave your cards, boardgames, or old childhood toys out on display in a section. It adds character.
3. Try and keep books organized by category. That way when you're searching for your favorite cookbook, you won't have to sift through a slew of romantic novels.
4. Put eye-catching treasures from past travels on the top shelf.
This looks like a fun, easy weekend task while watching old movies.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
A time of year when it is socially acceptable to eat so much home-cooked deliciousness that you physically can't move from the table. And we've got a perfect outfit to keep you comfy chic even after you've pushed your way through a second helping of dessert.
The Cecilia blouse in this beautiful purple is an amazing sexy, flowy blouse with billowy sleeves that will not feel restricting in the least...no matter how much turkey you indulge in!
I love the idea of pairing the Cecilia with an amazing vintage inspired necklace, like Jcrew's vintage pearl necklace to make a statement.
Keep the rest of the outfit simple with a basic black skirt or pants, and a simple pair of ballet flats. If you're really feeling bold, or trying to be a knock-out for relatives and friends you rarely see, opt for a pair of flats with some sparkle to them!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
With the holidays fast approaching, you're probably beginning to mentally pack for all those quick getaways coming up. Which means staring at your closet, and wondering if some sort of wardrobe fairy will magically appear with the perfect combo of outfits that are airport cozy chic and will look fresh and great straight from the suitcase.
Well fret not further! These key pieces are perfect for cozying up on the plane, in the car, and will keep you looking great when you arrive at your destination.
The perfect en-route outfit:
1. Our leggings are the traveling girl's friend. Super stretchy so you won't feel restricted with a great big waist band for extra-comfort. Pair these with ankle boots (easy to remove), a button down, and a cardigan over-top. You feel great and you won't look like you've accidentally worn your pajamas out in public.
The perfect cozy dress outfit:
2. A knit dress is so easy to wear and pack. And our Isabella is a beautiful option with a cascading ruffle front and super fabulous fabric. Pair with tights, flats, and a great jacket, like the vegan leather piped Paige Jacket.
The perfect dress up dress:
3. In comes Scarlet to save the day. Need I say more? Perfect for all your dress-up holiday occasions with simple tights and heels.
Add trashy magazines, a good book, a bag of your favorite candy, and you've got the recipe to end suitcase packing woes for good! No more wasted time staring at your closet with a defeated expression, follow these tips and we'll keep you looking and feeling great no matter where the holiday
Friday, November 5, 2010
Some women and designers alike believe when it comes to heels, go big or go home! Of course this has not always been the case since wedges, ballet flats, kitten heels, even clogs have all had a time in the spotlight.
But in the past few years, sky-high stilettos have dominated the runways and been the envy of stylish fashionistas and short women everywhere.
And it seems designers like Mr. Louboutin and Valentino put all the glamorand interesting embellishments on their super tall heels, leaving their shorter shoes to be more modest and less like works of art.
There are benefits of the higher heel, mainly the extra height, elongating one's legs and creating a more toned look. But 4+ inch shoes are hard to work in and cause significant pain after walking in them, standing, or even sitting for a prolonged period of time.
A kitten heel does not give quite the same leggy look as a high-heel, but it does improve the way one walks (compared to a flat) and can be an extremely chic touch to pants, a skirt, or a dress.
I, for one, am all on board for bringing back the kitten heel.
"Kitten heels give clothes that sexy, sixties French actress look," a fashion designer commented recently. "It’s nice to go back to shoes that look like shoes."
So, next time you're dressing up, try trading in your mega-heel for a pretty little kitten heel. Your feet will be grateful and you'll still look amazing! A small heel during the day is also a great way to dress up any outfit and make you look more put together.
Give the kitten heel a chance. Besides, high heels will always be around to love and hate.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
So here goes:
- There is only one type of exercise that requires you hold your breath--swimming underwater.
- If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
- If you can’t carry on a conversation while exercising, you may be pushing yourself too far--ease up a little.
- Bodies are creatures of habit. The more you exercise, the more your body learns to burn fat rather than storing it.
- No wonder your feet hurt - running puts four to seven times your body weight in pressure on your feet.
- Dancing is a terrific and fun form of exercise that can improve cardiovascular fitness just like any other more formal type of exercise.
- If you’re always in a bad mood, then getting fit just may help. Regular exercise can enhance mood and overall well-being.
- In spite of what you may have read, there is no “best time to exercise.” It turns out that the best time to exercise is when it works for you.
- Women’s top three recreational activities are walking, aerobics and working out, while men’s top three are golf, basketball and walking.
- Visualization can help to improve your workout. By visualizing yourself completing the exercise before you actually perform it, then you will be able to perform the exercise with more intensity and effectiveness.
- People who cross-train with a variety of exercise are more fit and less injury-prone than those who exercise using only one or two exercise modalities
- It's impossible to lick your elbow.
- Exercise helps reduce wrinkles. It increases blood flow to the skin that provides nutrients it needs to stay thick. Thick skin wrinkles less than thin.
Walk as much as possible, always take the stairs, be sure to stretch a little every day, and dance when you're home alone and listening to music!
Lastly, wisdom from Legally Blonde: "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. "
Well, there you have it.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Our prepackaged gift tanks and leggings set are the perfect gift to break you out of gift-giving monotony.
Hate giving clothes because you don't know about sizing?
No problem. Our tanks and leggings are super stretchy, one size fits all, and so comfortable you'll never want to be without them again.
The tanks come three to a package or with one pair of black leggings and one tank. And there are a ton of great color options from neutrals to fun brights! Something to fit everyone's taste and needs.
At $45 what more could a girl want?
Seriously, this is the best gift ever. Try it for the next holiday party you attend.