Sunday, December 26, 2010
Get ready...to make hot chocolate and curl up on the sofa with your computer and SHOP. Avoid after Christmas mayhem and casually browse great deals while snacking on leftover Christmas goodies!
Sizes and quantities are limited and will go quickly. So be a little self-indulgent, and treat yourself to a nice New Years present. Resolution? Dress cuter. Shop Kate Boggiano and you will not be mislead in to the terrible world of passing trends, and instead will always look amazing in styles that never go out of fashion.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Like our Rosalie, which just looks like it's in full bloom. And if you purchase Rosalie or any of our other great clearance items TODAY or TOMORROW, you'll get your second clearance item half-off.
Talk about sunshine bringing happiness...great sales are sure a nice replacement when the sun is MIA.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Friday, December 17th - Sunday, December 19th!Spend and Save at Kate Boggiano. Still looking for that perfect Holiday outfit? Try our Scarlet dress - perfect for all types of soirees.
Happy last minute holiday shopping! Be sure to check out the "Gifts" section of KateBoggiano.com for some great, easy options for the fashionista on you list. Plus, we've picked items where size is not an issue and can be figured out easily!
I'm getting started this Saturday...not at all last minute....
I've strategically created a "Shopping Route" with a buddy to keep me semi-focused and plenty of Peppermint Mocha stops.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Our new favorite wide strap tank top is now available in more colors. Available colors include: black, white, dark brown, charcoal, and dark purple. Spaghetti straps aren't for everyone, and this tank top is a bra-friendly solution!
Looking for a sportier tank? Our ribbed racer back tank top is the perfect choice, in our amazing, super stretchy fabric, ribbed for even more support.
Today's daily deal:
Purchase a dress, blouse or jacket and receive a FREE white tank top! Don't miss out. Visit Kate Boggiano for more great offers and all your last minute shopping needs minus all the crowds. Happy shopping!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Here's the list of what you can get, just by shopping. What could be better?
Now through the end of the year, enjoy free shipping!
Happy Shopping :)
Tuesday, December 14 - Friday, December 31st
Wednesday, December 15
Thursday, December 16
Friday, December 17th - Sunday, December 19th
Monday, December 20th
Tuesday, December 21st-Thursday December 23rd
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS
FROM THE TEAM AT KATE BOGGIANO!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Pretty in Pilsen - Share the Warmth is the go-to event for all your gifting needs and wishes.
This Holiday event on Friday, December 10th, features amazing deals for a fun filled night of holiday shopping from great Chicago studios. Our special promotions:
1. Share the warmth! Receive 25% off any single item for your donation of a gently worn sweater. For each additional sweater donated, receive $5 off your total order. Collected sweaters will be donated to Bridge to Success, the only city-wide appearance and interview preparation program serving men, women and youth in the Chicago area.
2. This holiday season, get the gifts you really want! We'll provide wish lists for you to fill out. And we'll photograph you in your "wish" gift. Then we'll email or mail your wish list to your favorite gift buyer.
3. Finally, help us give back to those in need in our community. We will have drop boxes for canned good donations. We are donating all collected items to Pilsen Wellness Center located at 2319 S. Damen Ave Chicago, IL 60608.
Join us at: 2150 S. Canalport Ave., 3rd and 4th floors, in the Pilsen neighborhood.
This is a great opportunity to make sure you get great gifts for everyone on your list including yourself! Bring your girlfriends for a fun holiday evening in Pilsen.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I love cookies, but Oreos have always been my favorite store bought variety. There's something so wonderfully delicious about a cookie that tastes better when twisted apart and dipped into a glass of milk.
Try making these for your next holiday party, or just for a yummy treat to have around the house.
Warning: Mine barely survived a few days. And I live alone.
This recipe (via smittenkitchen) is so heavenly delicious.
Makes 25 to 30 sandwich cookies.
Note: if you want the wafers closer to the original ones, cut out half a cup of sugar.
For the chocolate wafers:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar [see recipe note]
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) room-temperature, unsalted butter
1 large egg
For the filling:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) room-temperature, unsalted butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Set two racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F.
- In a food processor, or bowl of an electric mixer, thoroughly mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, salt, and sugar. While pulsing, or on low speed, add the butter, and then the egg. Continue processing or mixing until dough comes together in a mass.
- Take rounded teaspoons of batter and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet approximately two inches apart. With moistened hands, slightly flatten the dough. Bake for 9 minutes, rotating once for even baking. Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
- To make the cream, place butter and shortening in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cookies, in a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch, round tip, pipe teaspoon-size blobs of cream into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream. Dunk generously in a large glass of milk.
Monday, December 6, 2010
We've all been there. Staring into the abyss of our wardrobes with absolutely nothing jumping out at us screaming "Ohh, wear me!"
Bill Blass so famously stated, "When in doubt, wear red."
It's so true. Red is one of those few pretty colors that actually looks good on everyone.
Kate Boggiano has your perfect, red blouse to save you from all of those nagging "But what should I wear?" moments.
Our Isadora in red is a standout piece with its amazing ruffled collar and beautiful shade of red that's perfectly not too bright.
So stress no more. Give this as a holiday gift to your best girlfriend or just treat yourself so that the next time you're standing at your "empty" closet, this blouse will jump out, immediately solving your temporary clothing fiasco.
Ahhh, crisis averted.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Take a queue from gray winter weather and dress up in these must-have pieces!
1. Bid your boring t-shirts farewell and try our new favorite long-sleeve rose tee. So pretty and soft in this heather gray shade.
2. Our pleated Anne blouse in charcoal is such a great alternative to a traditional white blouse. I love it with slim black pants.
3. Oh, Isabella! There are no words for how much I love this dress! The amazing ruffles, the super comfy fabric, the perfect fit, the amazing shade of gray. Try it with a red belt for added interest.
4. The Veronica Ruffle Sweater is so simply pretty with an amazing fit that you cannot resist!
5. Gray leggings are an excellent alternative to black and can be worn in the exact same way. I love our seamless leggings in charcoal or metal gray.
5. This sparkly gray hat from jcrew is my obsession of the moment. If I must wear a hat to keep my ears from getting frost-bitten in this freezing Chicago weather, I might as well adorn my head with a glitzy shade of platinum.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
1. The beautiful pleated neckline and textured pattern make our dress by Audey your PERFECT Party Dress!
2. The exquisite ruffle hem and neckline of the Rosalie make this simple black dress a stand-out piece for year-round, season to season wear.
3. The flattering ruffle neckline and cute ruffle pocket details plus a figure flattering silhouette ensure you'll be the belle of whenever you slip into our Scarlet dress.
4. The amazing red color, silk trim, and pleated neckline make our Anabel a must-have for the Holiday season.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Cyber Monday was quite the busy day here, as evident by this picture showing all the packages all ready to go into two big garbage bags with Kate and Amy to the post office.
Now that's a lot of orders. We're so excited about so many people taking advantage of our amazing weekend sale!
If you missed out, not to worry. Kate Boggiano has still got some great markdowns plus an amazing new holiday collection!
I'm loving the Holiday Rosalie Ruffle Dress with the new Holiday Purple Suede belt and a pair of cute booties! Such a stunning outfit for any Holiday occasion and will be a flawless and necessary addition to any wardrobe.