Friday, July 30, 2010

MY favorite Chicago Attractions!


Type in to google "favorite Chicago attractions" and you'll get the same list over and over again- Navy Pier, "The Bean" at Millenium Park, Cubs and White Sox games, Architectural Boat Tour, and of course the infamous Giordano's Pizza. For the first month of living in Chicago, these were all great to go to. I loved the Architectural Boat Tour, but it's definitely something you only want to do one time. Giordano's is always great too- if you want to wait two hours for a table and another 45 minutes for your meal.

After exploring the city more, I've come to realize that there are SO MANY MORE great things about Chicago that you probably won't find at first look on these websites. My personal favorite is going to Second City and seeing a comedy show. This is something you can do over and over again because the performances are always changing. Take your girlfriends or your hunny. While you watch the show, enjoy drinks and dinner! You're waited on during the entire show by the wonderful staff. I give this attraction an A+.

Something else that I love to do is Yoga in Millenium Park on Saturday mornings. Yoga starts at 9:00 am. Now, if you had a rough Friday night and this sounds too early, don't worry! There's a cardio core class at 10:00! (However, this may just kick your butt a little more than Yoga!)

After your workout, enjoy brunch and BOTTOMLESS (yes, bottomless) mimosas at Eve on the corner of Pearson and Wabash for just $20!! I've already been twice in the last two weeks. Such a great deal and the food is absolutely AMAZING! My suggestion? Steak and eggs. Can't go wrong there.

My last spot, one that I absolutely love at night, is where Rush turns into State St., by Carmine's and Lux Bar. There is a beautiful area with a fountain and gelato stand that's open every night! Sit by the fountain with a loved one and split a cone of one of their delectable flavors. My favorite? Butternut Pecan. Oh. My. Gosh...

So what are you doing!? It's Friday! Get out there and try these favorite new attractions!

Have a fabulous weekend!- the people at kate boggiano.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger