Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweet Potato Souffle

Happy Halloween week! Aren't these pumpkins pretty and so unique? I haven't even gotten around to carving yet, it's always such a formidable, messy ordeal.

But with Halloween almost here, naturally it's time to start thinking ahead to the next holiday. Yay Thanksgiving!

Sweet Potato Souffle is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving. You get to eat it alongside your turkey and stuffing and broccoli casserole, yet it's as delicious, if not more so, than dessert. It certainly makes you feel like you're getting away with something sneaky and wonderful.

Well, I recently made my first sweet potato souffle as a sort of run-through before the big Turkey Day. I followed the usual recipe combining mashed sweet potatoes with eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt, but varied from the recipe when it came to the topping. Instead of putting crushed nuts and brown sugar on top, I coated the casserole with a mixture of brown sugar and graham crackers.

It was phenomenal, if I do say so myself. And something I would highly recommend to anyone who remotely enjoys delicious food.

And something as delicious as this need not be imprisoned to just one day a year, just doesn't seem fair.

Totally in favor of breaking that "rule." Give it a try, you'll be amazed how free you feel eating sweet potato souffle on a random Monday night, watching Office re-runs...


Enjoy your Monday!!

Get into the Halloween spirit with our favorite tank in a brand new color: orange! Wear it while you're pumpkin carving and eating candy corn.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger