Sunday, November 9, 2008

My hiatus is over!

To any of you who started to read this, I apologize for not keeping up with it. Kate Boggiano has been growing and changing directions so quickly, it's been hard to keep up let alone write about it. However, I just hired a new PPC (pay per click) agency and they are INSISTING that I keep up with this, so we'll see how it goes.

So quick summary since the last post....we have rolled out a wholesale account which means we are now selling to stores in addition to our retail website and are picking up new stores often. This is exciting and is growing the brand a little faster than we were able to just through our website. You can check out a list of our current stores under the resources tab of our customer assistance page. Feel free to send us your favorite local boutique that you think our line would fit in and we'll send them some line sheets!
What else? Let's see, I can't really remember which is why I'll be keeping this up more - I promise!

Next week at a glance.

Well, it's fourth quarter again and for a retailer, it's make it or break it season. We are making lots of appearances at various sorts of retail events as well as working feverishly on our website to attract new business. We are very excited to be partnering with Position Technologies now who will be handling a lot of our website advertising. Hopefully we can get the web really going and I will no longer need to schlep my clothes all over the Chicagoland area trying to get the brand out there! Without further adieu, here's this week at a glance:

Monday, 11/10: Kate meeting with real estate agents at 1821 W. Hubbard to look at space for the business once the Incubator is over (can you believe Feb is the end of this already?)
Tuesday 11/11: Kate meeting with Julie Watson, a great Chicago stylist to see what we can do together.
Wednesday 11/12: Private event with Erin Gallagher (great new website with a jewelry customizer-check it out!)
Thursday 11/13: Kate attending the casting call for the new Bravo reality tv show "Fashion House" that will be replacing Project Runway (moving to Lifetime this season)
Friday 11/14: CATCH UP AT THE OFFICE!
Saturday 11/15: Trunk show at The Time Boutique in St. Louis, MO
Sunday 11/16: Drive back from St. Louis and take the rest of the day off!

Also this week, look for posts from my 3 most dedicated interns as we receive a lot of inquiries about what happens at Kate Boggiano on a typical day. What better ways to hear than from the people that do the most!

Funny weekend story!

So this Saturday, Geoff, my husband, and I were in the office working. I received a phone call from a customer and was taking her order over the phone when behind me I hear, "Kate, can you get off the phone? I would like you to meet the president of Macy's". I am halfway ignoring the voice which belongs to Andrea Schwartz, the PR guru behind the Macy's State Street store and trying nicely to get off the phone with a new customer. So a few seconds go by and I hear Geoff explain to what now sounds like a few people in my office that I am speaking to a customer and will be off shortly. So I get off the phone, turn around in my chair to see my very messy office (we had just unloaded from a trunk show at Florodora from the day before and the office looked like a closet that had thrown up clothing all over the room) and at that very same moment, it occurs to me just who is standing there in my office. Oh, it was just Tommy Hilfiger and Terry Lundgren, CEO of Macy's. No biggie, just another Saturday! So we all chatted for a bit and I think I hid my embarrassment of being un-showered in my rattiest sweatshirt I own with ZERO make up on while we discussed retail sales in the current economic slowdown and how this program has helped my company etc. etc. The second they (Tommy, Terry, Terry's wife Tina, their PR person, Ralph Hughes, and Andrea Schwartz) walked out of my office, Geoff and I both looked at each other and asked the same question: "Was Tommy Hilfiger really just in the office?" Just for proof that fashion designers do have off days when they don't want other people to see what they look like, I am inserting this picture that Geoff took of me on his brand new iPhone right after they left. CRAZY! What a terrible day not to wear one of my shirts!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger