Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I HEART Saturn!




Before last week, the official Kate Boggiano car was a 2000 VW Passat. I oftentimes haul racks of clothing to events, meetings with wholesale accounts (specialty boutiques), and to customers. I got really good at packing that old Passat but unfortunately, after 10 years, the repairs were more than then the car was worth and Geoff finally convinced me that it was time to buy a new car.

Since we do so much hauling and road tripping with rolling racks, samples, and boxes filled with god knows what, Geoff wanted to look into a crossover or small SUV. As a steward of the environment, I didn’t know how I felt about this choice.

We wanted a 1-2 year old car with low milage and great reliability-and one that looked cool wouldn’t hurt! We test drove and test drove and test drove. Initially our top 3 choices were the Nissan Murano, Toyota Highlander (hybrid I’ll add!), and the Saturn VUE. I hated the drive of the Nissan-it felt like driving a minivan-YUCK, the Toyota was HUGE, and the Saturn was just right. All I can say, is I HEART SATURN! Talk about a great car, driving it, I would never know it’s a crossover, it drives just like the Passat used to 6 years ago (but it does brake a little slower-oops!) AND it gets fantastic gas milage (although not a hybrid but I do think a Hybrd model is available although out of our budget).

All I can suggest is, BUY AMERICAN and test drive a Saturn for sure! It’s amazing how great the VUE handles. I can’t wait for American car maintenance as well, VW maintenance killed our budget! YEAH American cars-great job! You have my vote from now on and I vow to never drive another foreign car as long as you keep producing such a great product like the Saturn VUE. Oh yeah, one final note….our VUE is bad ASS looking-not only will I be able to fit all the Kate Boggiano shirts in the back, I’ll also feel proud rolling up in it to any event that Kate Boggiano is attending.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger